When you get good press – a story in your local newspaper or magazine, or are interviewed on the radio or TV, thank the reporter or editor who made it happen. Your kind words in an email or handwritten note might lead to bigger opportunities – a column, regular show or follow up story.
What would you want to read? A story about how someone solves a problem, or one that stresses complaints and blames others? I know what my preference is.
I’m not alone, either. I really hit a nerve with my last email blast “Enough WIth The Negative.” I had so many positive emails and in-person comments about my rant that I simply had to share some of them.
- “Yes to the sentiment! Accentuate the positive! Eliminate the negative! And don’t mess with Mr. In-between! ” – Donna Loraine Contractor, Tapestry Artist
- “I totally agree with you! Good message!” – Brian Morris, Executive Director, Downtown Action Team
- “Good message! Thanks!” Steve Hoberg, Owner, Glass Rite
- “Amen, sister!” Mary Ellen Merrigan, Merrigan Group
- “Good work on the Soap Box!” Pat Forbes, Artist
- “Bravo sister! I agree! Don’t let it in!” Sherri Garrity, Chief Corporate Fugitive
What do you have to say?